I have always been fascinated by the human body. As a toddler I asked my mother the most embarrassing of questions. She provided no answers. I began my investigations early. From the outside in, I played in the countryside and observed nature as a child and from the inside out as an adult, I create artwork and practice healing arts. Art and healing are one and the same, from and of the same creative energy.
As an artist balances her composition, the body is always seeking harmony. Living outside the laws of nature and missing our body’s cues, we develop dis-comfort, dis-ease, pain. When I was 28 years old and frantically finishing my Master’s of Fine Art degree, I went to the infirmary. I was in so much pain, I could not imagine growing older and living in even more pain. “It’s normal,” said the two doctors. With tears in my eyes, I left to continue my investigations: I was in this alone.
By accident I ended up in California, the land of alternative health care. My first roommate left and Bob and Barbara moved in. They practiced Jin Shin Jyutsu.® As I was struggling with my health, Barbara told me to hold my fingers on my body, here and there. I thought she was a loon. But since my bed was in the living room, I would do what she told me each time she passed by. Days later, as I was about to fall asleep, my little voice said, “Do the Jin Shin Jyutsu®” and I replied, “No, I’m going to sleep!” Well, the little voice won, as my body had already benefited and wanted more healing. I was on my way of becoming a practitioner of alternative healing arts.
Feeling is believing, as you lie fully clothed on a massage table. Simply putting you in touch with yourself, with gentle and precise touches, allows tensions to let go and healthful function to return to your body’s systems, organs, and tissues. To retain and support the changes, you are taught simple self-care specific to you.
Training and Certification
- Anatomy and Physiology: Gil Hedley, Integral Anatomy Somanautics, Marty Ryan, Love Your Guts
- Breast Wellness: Caryn Boyd Diel, White Cloud Institute
- Chi Nei Tsang (CNT): Certified Advanced Chi Nei Tsang Practitioner and Instructor, CNT Institute, Gilles Marin. Additional training: Caryn Boyd Diel White Cloud Institute
- Chinese History and Cosmology: Liu Ming
- Cranio Sacral Therapy: Alain Gehin of Barcelona, Amini Peller, Upledger Institute, Dr. Sylvia Skefich
- Daoist Studies: Master Mantak Chia, Dr. Stephen Chang, Juan Li, Liu Ming
- Feng Shui: Liu Ming, Bruce Pao
- Geomancy: Druid Geomancy and Sacred Geometry with Ferran Blasco, Barcelona
- Jin Shin Jyutsu ®: Mary Burmeister, Philomena Dooley, Muriel Carlton, Wayne Hackett, Barbara Baiardi
- Nei Gong: Liu Ming
- Nutrition: Certified Nutrition Consultant of Bauman College; graduate of the South Star Academy of Cooking with Chinese Herb, Nam Singh; additional training: Liu Ming. I use the inherent energetics of foods creating recipes that heal.
- Pelvic Wellness: Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy ™ with Rosita Arvigo, Jade Egg Practice with Saumya Comer
- Qi Gong: Da Yan Qi Gong with Master Hui Liu: Certified Instructor, first 64 movements; Chinese Shamanic Qi Gong and Tai Ji with Master Zhongxian Wu
- Samvahan: Certified Practitioner, my instructor: Jessica Neven Dumont, Lyon, France
- Spino-Mandibular Equalibration: Gilles Marin, Chi Nei Tsang Institute
- Traditional Tibetan Mantra Medicine Healing: with Dr. Nida Chenagtsang