Eating for Enjoyment
- Eat in a relaxing atmosphere, seated, do not be in a rush to eat a meal
- Do nothing but eat: no reading, no watching TV for best assimilation, nutrition
- Eat each meal at a regular time/same time each day to establish healthy appetite
- Fluids: Drink water when you are thirsty, tea to relax with, have seasonal soups daily
- Carry water with you: purified
- Drink a minimum of liquids with meals, so digestive juices remain undiluted/strong
- Eat balanced meals of 25-30% protein, 50-60% vegetables, 10-25% starches
- Have protein with each meal to build and repair tissues
- Eat breakfast before 10am, avoid cold, raw foods, as they reduce your digestive fire Fruits eaten alone (or 1 hour before or after a meal), cooked if assimilation is weak
- Do not eat late at night. Last meal finished by 7pm for better assimilation
- Eating in daylight enhances assimilation. Eat outside whenever you can.
- Eat organic, hormone free whole foods, seasonal foods, locally produced foods
- Chew each mouthful well, until it is liquid in your mouth, head bowed a bit forward. Take smaller bites of food so teeth and tongue can do their job.
Put fork/spoon down between mouthfuls to focus on chewing and not feeding.
You will find you eat less, yet are more satisfied, nourished: increased assimilation.
- Have health-enhancing snacks on hand, carry with you as leave home or work.
Refrain from “power” type bars: very high in sugars.
Eat: soaked in water overnight and drained nuts and seeds; sardines, piece of fruit, tuna salad, yogurt with nuts and or fruit; avocado, vegetable (carrot) sticks, etc.
!! Refrain from eating nut-butters on a daily basis: very difficult to digest!! Use them, thinned with water or broth, in sauces to go over vegetables or add a spoonful to soup
- Do abdominal massage daily to enhance organ functions (see Healing Exercises), or rub your bare abdominal skin quickly in a circular motion, clockwise, 36 times
Walk around the block after a meal to help assimilation