From Earth Clinic
How It Works
The oil pulls all mucous, bacteria and toxins from your body through your saliva. According to Ayurvedic medicine, excess mucous carries toxins that must be removed.
Introduction to Oil Pulling (“OP”)
Reported Cures with Oil Pulling:
Mouth & Gum Disease; Stiff Joints; Allergies; Asthma; High Blood Sugar; Constipation; Migraines; Bronchitis; Eczema; Heart, Kidney, Lung Diseases; Leukemia; Arthritis; Meningitis; Insomnia; Menopause discomforts (hormonal issues); Cancer; AIDS; Chronic Infections; Varicose Veins; High Blood Pressure; Diabetes; Polio; Cracked Skin on Heels.
Oil Pulling Instructions
NOTE: These are instructions from India in which only 2 types of oil are used. However, as you will read below in our Reader Feedback section(see website) people are experimenting with different oils, adding anti-bacterial and anti-viral oil essences.
- Brush teeth and gums without toothpaste, floss and scrape tongue
- Do away from meal times, before bedtime is best if you feel nausea after doing the oil pulling.
- Take 1 TBSP of either sesame or sunflower oil.
- Put the oil in your mouth, tilt your chin up so the back of the mouth receives oil and slowly swish, suck, chomp and pull oil through the teeth.
- Do this for at least 10 minutes. 15–20 minutes is better.
- You want the oil to become a thin, white foam when you finally spit it out. If oil it’s still yellow, you need to swish longer. The oil will start to thin out after a few minutes because saliva is constantly being mixed in and swished about.
Very Important: rise mouth with salt water then drink 2–3 glasses of water, to allow toxins to escape and to prevent dehydration.
DO NOT SWALLOW THE OIL. It now contains parasites and bacteria!
DO NOT GARGLE IN THE THROAT. THE OIL IS MEANT TO BE SWISHED IN THE MOUTH
DO IT SLOWLY.
Note #1: Keeping the chin tilted up makes sure the oil gets to the back molars.
Note #2: The old school says that only sesame and sunflower oils produce favorable results. However, our readers report success using other oils too, such as olive.
Note #3: If after meals, wait at least 4 hours before you Oil Pull. After drinking, wait 1 hour.
Note #4: A worsening of symptoms is an excellent indication that the disease/ailment is being cured.
Note #5: Do not stop Oil Pulling if you feel aggravated symptoms or heightened side effects after a day or two. Your body is healing. Do at before bedtime and then “sleep off” the discomfort.
Note #6: Will your dental fillings fall out? It’s possible but highly unlikely unless there is pre-existing damage or loose fillings.